Although not traditional, electric grills are convenient for grilling indoors during cold weather or when you would rather not deal with the hassle of setting up a charcoal or gas grill. Many electric grills can be used both indoors and outdoors, and have domed lids, like traditional outdoor grills, to create an ovenlike atmosphere. When you want to grill pork chops for dinner, it only takes a few minutes to heat up an electric grill and have it ready for fast grilling.
1 Season your pork chops with salt and black pepper. Add other spices, if you wish, such as onion powder, garlic powder or dried herbs. You can also marinate your pork chops for at least two hours before you start cooking to infuse more flavor into the chops. Some complementary marinades for pork include a spicy mustard vinaigrette, or an apple juice and brown sugar mixture.
2 Preheat the electric grill to high. Brush the grill with olive oil if the grill plates are not nonstick.
3 Place the pork chops on the grill and cover the grill with the dome lid. Let the pork chops cook for four to six minutes on one side, depending on how thick your pork chops are.
4 Flip the pork chops over with tongs and cook for another four to six minutes, covered, until the internal temperature of the pork chop reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the pork chops to check the temperature. Serve hot.
Items you will need
- Spices, to taste
- Marinade (optional)
- Olive oil
- Meat thermometer
- Allow the pork chops to rest for about five minutes to let the juices redistribute throughout the meat for moist and juicy chops.
- Turn the grill controls to off and completely unplug the grill immediately after using as a safety precaution, especially if you are grilling indoors and have young children running around.
- Raichlen's Indoor Grilling; Steve Raichle
- George Foreman's Indoor Grilling Made Easy; George Foreman, et all
- Kalyn's Kitchen: Recipe Favorites: Grilled Pork Chops Recipes With Lemon, Garlic and Sage.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images