Dye your boring old pair of nude or white pantyhose any color of the rainbow. Nylon is a very versatile material and will hold color from a variety of products, including fabric dye, food coloring, Easter egg dye and powdered drink mix.
1 Combine dyeing agent with several cups of boiling water in the canning jar. Use one package of powdered drink mix or add drops of food coloring, Easter egg dye or fabric dye until the desired color is achieved.
2 Push the pantyhose down into the jar with the wooden spoon.
3 Microwave the jar with the nylons inside for one minute at a time until the water appears to be more clear.
4 Remove the nylons and place them in a bath with cold water and about one cup of white vinegar. Allow the pantyhose to sit in this bath for several minutes. This process sets the color.
5 Rinse the pantyhose in cold water until the water runs clear, then hang them out to dry on a line outside.
Items you will need
- Pair of nude or white nylon pantyhose
- Canning jar
- Dyeing agent
- Several cups of boiling water
- Wooden spoon
- Several cups of cold water
- White vinegar
- Outdoor drying line and clothespins
- For more vibrant color, use white pantyhose.
- This process can also be used for tights.
- Jupiterimages/Creatas/Getty Images