The frozen Bellini, the mimosa's fancier and chillier cousin, can accompany a long brunch just as well as it can buoy a bridal celebration. Based on a simple mixture of peach, bubbly and booze, the fruitful flavors play off sparkling wine's effervescence to create a light and tasty chilled beverage. If you only have peach puree and no peaches, you get to forgo the making of the puree and dive right into creating the cocktail.
1 Pour 1 part peach schnapps and 3 parts sparkling wine into the blender.
2 Add 1/2 cup of peach puree and 2 cups of ice for each part of peach schnapps used.
3 Blend at a slow speed until the ice is broken down and the contents are smooth.
4 Pour the blender's contents into champagne flutes or other glassware, leaving about an inch from the rim. Top with a dash of sparkling wine.
Items you will need
- Peach schnapps
- Peach puree
- Sparkling wine
- Prepackaged frozen peach puree keeps longer than fresh puree and can be easily stored in the freezer until the next cocktail party.
- Add a twist of lemon for more fruitiness or a cherry for show.
- You can substitute rum for the peach schnapps, or you can just leave out the schnapps and add more sparkling wine for a less potent cocktail.
- Always drink responsibly, and have a designated driver if your party takes you on the road.
- Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images