Familiarizing yourself with the product information on Spectracide Bug Stop for Gardens provides you with the proper application instructions and warnings. Without this vital information, you could severely damage your plants and put your family’s health in jeopardy. Proper application also increases the effectiveness of Spectracide Bug Stop for Gardens.
1. Spectracide Bug Stop for Gardens
Spectracide Bug Stop insecticides are available in various forms for just about all areas of your home. Spectracide Bug Stop for Gardens, however, is only available in a 32-ounce concentrate bottle that connects directly to your garden hose. This allows the correct amount of insecticide to be applied to lawns, trees, crops and ornamental plants. Spectracide Bug Stop for Gardens controls more than 100 different species of insects including leaf-eating caterpillars, sap-sucking insects, ants, earwigs, fleas, spittlebugs, weevils, beetles and ticks.
2. Active Ingredient
The active ingredient in Spectracide Bug Stop for Gardens is pyrethrin, which is a botanical insecticide derived from certain chrysanthemum plants. This contact spray attacks the nervous system of insects, causing paralysis. It breaks down quickly when exposed to sunlight and doesn’t leave behind toxic residue. Pyrethrin insecticides have a low toxicity level to humans, pets and birds, but can be toxic to beneficial insects, bees and fish.
Before you can properly apply the insecticide, you must first attach one end of a garden hose to a faucet and the other end to the insecticide bottle. Turn the dial to the “On” position and begin spraying the plants. Since insects tend to congregate on the underside of leaves, make sure to apply the Spectracide Bug Stop for Gardens on the top and underside of foliage. Liberally spraying the infested plants to the point of runoff will help ensure thorough coverage and increase the insecticide's effectiveness. Spraying early in the morning or at dusk can help minimize the possible exposure to honey bees. If needed, repeat the application when the insects reappear.
Even though this insecticide has a low toxicity level, it can still pose a health hazard if inhaled, absorbed through skin or swallowed. You should keep children and pets away from the area while you are applying the bug spray and keep them out until the insecticide has dried. If the chemical comes in contact with eyes or skin, immediately rinse the area with cool water for 15 to 20 minutes. If swallowed, immediately contact a poison control center. It is best to always follow the instructions and warnings found on the label of the Spectracide Bug Stop for Gardens bottle.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images